Amar Chemistry Pvt. Ltd is constantly expanding its team of dedicated and expert scientists and currently has the following job openings:
Amar Chemistry is a growing chemistry contract research organization located in Kanjurmarg West, Mumbai – 400079, India. We have established a state-of-the-art lab, which includes, among others, multiple mass spectrometers and a 300 MHz NMR. We are currently looking for several motivated synthetic chemists to join our talented team.
Current Job Openings
Designation: Sr. Research Associate/ Research Scientist
Exp required: M.Sc.- 5-10 years/ PhD freshers
Qualification: M.Sc./ PhD- Organic Chemistry
- Plan, setup, monitor, and workup chemical reactions independently
- Isolate product and Optimize reaction conditions for improved yields and output
- Purify compounds by different methods like Column Chromatography, Vacuum distillation, crystallization, etc.
- Characterization and identification of compounds using MS and 1H NMR
- Writing technical reports and data analysis, maintain a lab notebook
- Carry out literature search by using SciFinder and other search engines.
- Regular lab duties including equipment maintenance, chemical inventory, and lab cleanup
- Set multiple reactions per day independently
- Prepare client reports
- Participate in project meetings
- Mentor junior lab personnel
- Follow health and safety guidelines and safe working practices
- Independently make presentations for own work and present results
- Stay current with literature in the scientific area
Desired Candidate Profile
- Should be an M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry with at least 5-10 years of experience in synthetic organic chemistry preferably with a CRO company or a fresher with Ph.D. in organic chemistry
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Expected to follow core policies in Team Member Handbook & Chemical Hygiene Plan
- Experience in multi-step synthesis
- Good knowledge of Spectroscopy and Analytical techniques
Exp required: 12-15 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, especially with Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and/ or biotechnology
Qualification: Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry
CTC offered: Upto 50 lakhs p.a.
- Oversee end-to-end lab operations including scientists, purchasing, human resources, and finance.
- Utilize broad and innovative approaches to projects and exhibit collaboration with multiple functions, both internally and externally, for on-time and high-quality delivery of project goals.
- Function effectively as a Research Manager, Project Planner, Coordinator, Communicator, and Technical Expert.
- Effectively collate all work including technical plans/quotations, agreements, timelines, procurement and experimental reports.
- Provide technical advice to senior management on advances/developments within the scientific community.
- Align adequate resources with team leads to ensure timely completion and high-quality delivery.
- Clearly communicate Management Strategy to R&D Team and progress on the same, vice versa.
- Maintain the productivity of personnel in line with the business plan.
- Plan infrastructure and project requirements early on to maintain timelines for client projects.
- Conduct structured reviews of project team and take corrective measures to ensure delivery.
- Act as the main contact with external clients.
- Manage strategic relationships across a diverse group of internal and external resources including scientists, administration, clients, research institutes, and suppliers to facilitate smooth operations in R&D.
- Align deliverables of business and profitability growth to line up with business plan.
- Enable business funnel expansion through new clients and new projects from repeat clients.
- Interaction and negotiations with clients
- Keep track on the competitors and maintain critical knowledge about the developments happening in the organic synthetic chemistry, continuous or flow chemistry and green manufacturing space
- Develop and grow organically personnel within the organization and proactively engage in succession planning
- Manage organizational attrition (with special focus on Grooming and Retention of Talent Pool)
Compliance and Safety:
- Adhere to compliance requirements of the organization, the Team Member Handbook, training, and safety practices.
- Ensure labs and personnel are always maintaining chemical hygiene and safety by adequate training.
- Maintain business hygiene and be process-oriented.
- Keep teams up to date on training required including onboarding new employees.
- Deep knowledge of end-to-end state of art CRO lab operations.
- Strong synthetic organic chemistry is must requirement, flow/green chemistry, technical transfer and scale up skills in pharmaceutical/API and biotech research/industry and abreast of new advances.
- Ability to translate technical knowledge into tangible results for client projects.
- Strong business and financial acumen to align results to overall business strategy and company financial goals.
- The ability to develop a strategy from in-depth analysis.
- Proven success driving results and delivering return on investment to the company.
- Comprehensive functional skills and a result – driven approach.
- Strong Team Leadership Skills
Chemistry Lab Operations Skills, Pharma Lab operations skills, Business Development, Team Leadership
Desired Candidate Profile
Should have at least 12-15 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, especially with Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and or biotechnology APIs in areas of Synthetic Organic Chemistry and Process Engineering/Technical Transfer/Scale Up. The ability to lead team is necessary, should have led large teams in past. The candidate should be Mumbai-based & well versed in English and Hindi.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Thank you!